I thought that this was worth reposting even though the information is not new to many.
I think it’s worth beating this dead horse…maybe, just maybe this might be eye-opening to somebody.
I’m not going to repost the entire article although it should be read. I think the graphics speak volumes on their own.
1. Multiplier of CEO Pay to Average Worker Pay. Adam Choate , Dana Rowzee, Jerrod Tinsley, CEO Pay Rates: U.S. vs. Foreign Nations. November 17, 2005. http://tinyurl.com/6cas8ax
2. % of Total Income Received by Richest 0.1%. A B Atkinson, Thomas Piketty and Emmanuel Saez, Top incomes in the long run of history. 2009.http://tinyurl.com/4yje6n7
3. Military Expenditures-2010. Global Military Spending. Center for Arms Control and Non-Proliferation. February 20, 2008.http://armscontrolcenter.org/policy/securityspending/articles/fy09_dod_request_global/
4, Prisoners Per 100,000 Population. Christopher Hartney, US Rates of Incarceration: A Global Perspective. Nat’l Council on Crime and Delinquency.http://tinyurl.com/3mjy4ur
5. Murders Per 100,000 Population. Seventh United Nations Survey of Crime Trends and Operations of Criminal Justice Systems, covering the period 1998 – 2000 (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention).http://tinyurl.com/3uojsfj
6. Health Costs as a % of GDP. Health Care Spending as Percentage of GDP: Talking About Quality Part 1: Health Care Today. Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. June 30, 2009. http://www.rwjf.org/pr/product.jsp?id=45110
7. Infant Mortality-Deaths Per 1000 Live Births. World Population Prospects: The 2006 Revision. Department of Economic & Social Affairs. ESA/P/WP.202. United Nations. http://www.un.org/esa/population/publications/wpp2006/WPP2006_Highlights_rev.pdf
8. Social Spending for Families-% of GDP. Chris de Neubourg, et. al. Social Safety Nets and Targeted Social Assistance. Maastricht Graduate School of Governance. http://tinyurl.com/3kvm4py
9. % of Children Living in Poverty. Child Poverty in Perspective, Innocenti Report Card. Report Card 7. UNICEF. http://tinyurl.com/3l3cz7a
10. % of Population Experiencing Homelessness-1990-2006. International Perspectives on Homelessness in Developed Nations. Editor Paul Toro. Journal of Social Issues. Vol. 63, No. 3. 2007. http://tinyurl.com/3w4xtdp